Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My chicks and chickens

We just got the chicks today. We had to go to the post office to get the chicks. Mom walked in and could hear them chirping. All the customers also could hear them. We brought them home in a tiny tiny tiny box. I couldn't believe all 53 fit in there. We got them water, bedding, and heat lamps. Dad forgot to take the food out of his truck so they didn't get any till supper time but they are doing great! 

 They Came in a tiny box and they were so thirsty when they first got in.

I loved them when they came
 Sawyer did too.
And Jack
 Jack tried to squish them all.
 They are playing
They're see-sawing 
 He's drinking
 Sawyer's funny
 Jack's trying to pull their feathers, i think.
I'm not sure what to say about this.
 I'm trapping them.
 I'm trying not to let him fall off my head.
 sawyer's kissing it.
 I'm kissing it.
two are drinking
 they are in line for a drink
Katie walking outside.
 Claire is looking at the chicks.
 I'm Posing for the picture
 "eye" poke, poke....
 See how many I can hold at one time.
 He would rock them to sleep. More like give them shaken baby.....


 I'm trapping them with my legs
 First time they are eating food, they are not sure what to do.

The big chickens can hear the little chicks. The cats can also hear them chicks and want to get in to eat them. So we have to keep them out by blocking all the holes and locking the door. 

 The roosting place
  
 Two hens
This is my favorite hen
 My least favorite hen
My least favorite hen, but they are the same hen.
 My favorite rooster. See my shadow?
See the hen?
See the rooster?
 My least favorite rooster.

 Chickens going to walk up on to the roost.


The Chickens hideout! 

Where they lay eggs!!!

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful, I'm so glad I got to see them. I love it! Good job. Keep up all the posts. You didn't put your bunny in. The road runner hoppy guy, who likes to chew grass and anything it can get in his mouth. :) Or is that the goat?
    Love you, Grandma Roemer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my post. I'll be putting my rabbit on here soon.

      Delete
  2. I love it! And so did the kids. They want to see the chicks really badly! Laina asked, "Why can't they bring the chicks to Grandma and Bapa's?" I told her that the chicks have to stay under lights to stay warm and also that we are coming in a week and a half so we'll see them then. I hope that they don't get too big and ugly before then!! I loved your post!!! Keep going, babycakes!!! Love you and your brothers sooooo much!!! Oh, and you mom and dad too! Tons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you all get to see the chicks before they get to ugly too. We are having a hatching party May 9th, because we have 27 eggs in the incubator. maybe you could come down for the night Wednesday night till Thursday? Otherwise we are getting our new layer chicks May 25th, if these ones aren't cute anymore.

      Delete
  3. So cute! I showed Liddy the pictures and she liked them. We'll have to come visit soon!! :) love you!! keep up the fabulous posts!

    ReplyDelete